Saturday, January 11, 2020

JOHN PATRICK ROBBINS

Made You Look

Writing is freedom and writers themselves are mainly a group of narcissistic assholes.

Except for you.
I have always thought different of you reading this.

People can say what they will but your one of the good ones.

And why is that? You may question upon reading this.

Because you are the key element that's largely goes ignored and is vastly unappreciated. 

For you are the reader void of bullshit now step back and return to your role of poet.
Now that's the prick I cannot stand and secretly admire.

You clever bastard you.

No egos were hurt in the making of this poem.


To Empty Pages


I have given everything I have to blank pages.
I am left with nothing more than scars and sad stories I no longer care to pen.

There are no true readers.
There are only fellow writers looking to gain something they feel will make them better than the rest.

When you truly get out in the deepest waters you realize.
There are only sharks and you are only one amongst many.

And eventually no matter how hard you swim you will be swallowed up by the dark waters below.

I no longer concern myself with what I can gain.
This is not a contest. 
I pen my lines as a premature epitaph.

And look forward to embracing the frozen depths.

I know these lines are written for only writers to read, and few to understand.

Nobody wins what was never in the cards to begin with.

The well must always run dry.

Empty pages are all that will ever remain. 


************************************copyright John Patrick Robbins 

            
John Patrick Robbins is the editor in chief of the Rye Whiskey Review and Under The Bleachers his work has been published by The San Pedro River Review , Ariel Chart , Oddball Magazine , Punk Noir Magazine,  As It Ought To Be Magazine,  Mojave River Review , Piker Press , Red Fez and The San Antonio Review .He is also the author of A Perverts Christmas from Whiskey City Press and Once Upon A Nervous Breakdown from Soma Publishing. 
His work is always unfiltered. 

1 comment: