Tuesday, January 7, 2020

MARTYNA HERBUT-FROST

BiP

Open my eyes
See patterns in glistening rocks
All I hear is breathable silence
Who am I today?
Who is me right now?

Head down the cellar and into the cold kitchen
Water boils in grandma's whistle kettle
Gorund coffee beans dance excitedly in a chipped mug
Hand rolled cigarette in my mouth
Breathing out the smoke, God, it tastes good.

Smile as wide as the smile goes
Hot tears fall down reaching knees
Salty puddles grow bigger and bigger as time passes
Can I decide how to feel?
Can I control what to feel?

Coffee spills on steps covered in moss outside
As I'm shaking and looking at the foggy starless winter sky
I feel too much
Yet not enough to understand
Try to fill in the gaps... *********************copyright Martyna Herbut-Frost




Martyna Herbut-Frost is a teacher, a thinker, a writer and a force for positive change in the world.

2 comments:

  1. I agree. It's beautifully written, and it's important too. The more of us who talk about these difficult subjects, the less stigma people will have to face when they don't feel well - or don't understand what they feel - in future.

    ReplyDelete